Shalom Brothers and Sisters!
Recipe 1) From Owner – Ahayah Yashiya
West Indian (Guyanese Style) Stew Fish (Tilapia), can be eaten with Roti or white/brown rice.
1 fillet(170 g) Tilapia, Mixed Species
3 tbsp. chopped Onions
3 clove Garlic
0.5 Medium Tomatoes
28 grams Vegetable Oil, Canola
1/4 cup Coriander Leaves
1 3/5 grams Salt, Table
2 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tbsp. tomato paste
0.25 cup, diced Celery
1 diced potato
1. Fry the fish in oil, then remove when done.
2. Add onions, garlic, celery, chili powder, and salt.
3. Sautee until onion and celery is tender, then add tomato.
4. Cook until tomato is broken down, then add tomato paste and potato
5. Add fish back into the pot and cover with the mixture.
6. Top with cilantro.
P.S. It can be made with snapper or butterfish.